This fertiliser strength, peat-free compost and soil conditioner is made from bracken and sheep's wool. Bracken gives a high level of natural potash, essential for fruiting and flowering, and it has a wide range of naturally high concentration of nutrients for improved plant size and quality, and is suitable for all plants. This compost has added comfrey, which will slowly rot, providing nutrients to your plants.
This compost can be used in borders and in gardens with lighter soils to reduce the problems caused by drought.
Ideal for growing: cucumbers, aubergines.
Made on a traditional hill farm in the Lake District, the compost is 100% sustainable and entirely free of peat.
Why use wool? Well, here are just some of the benefits:
- High natural levels of potash (potassium) - a major plant nutrient
- Excellent water retention - ideal for pots, baskets and planters
- Similar soft texture to peat, making beautifully friable compost
- Made from totally renewable sources, according to an old gardening recipe
- Carbon neutral, helping you to garden in a more sustainable way
- Suitable for all plants, including fruit, vegetables and flowers
Each bag is 30 litres when packed.